ER and a sick Fin


ER is always value for money, it is a pity that characters get written out on a regular basis then get reincarnated into a new (often younger) character with all the same personality traits! so Julianna Margulies became Maura Tierney, then the senior nurse mantle was carried by Linda Cardellini, but you can forgive this minor gripe as the writing and direction is always top notch. My favourite character is one of the more minor characters:-Yvette Freeman plays Nurse Haleh Adams,a lip pursing black middle aged nurse with a somewhat cynical attitude. She is the wallpaper of the ER, always there and always in the background! The new series is as gripping as ever!


My very favourite episode was way back in 1995. Rosemary Clooney played Madam x ,an Alzheimer patient who sang Have yourself a Merry little Christmas as she wandered confused and alone, through those never ending corridors ! Oh it broke your heart!
Finlay had a huge fit this evening, his first for an age. In fact he had two in quick succession which is a little worrying! He is asleep on the couch with me at the moment and seems to be sleeping it off. Late to bed again!
Hey ho
ps this was on Nige's blog! thanks nige!

I somehow just knew that John's favourite ER character would be Haleh Adams, although this does seem a little add odds with his later blog entry: as an avid ER fan since it's first night, I'm sure that Nurse Freeman would also have 'pursed her lips', just like his dental 'nurse'. Trouble is, despite their irritating manner, I think John secretly enjoys the challenge of rude folk. Well, he handles them better than I do, I guess...
In reply to this I guess I do like the challenge of "rude people", but perhaps more accurately I hate to feel that their rudness gets one over on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes