A Pack Of Welsh Wolves

 

Regular readers will know that I seem to have an eye for the sweetest of small human moments. I’m recalling one such moment now, from the village tea party of a few weeks ago. 
A friend to many in the village , is a chap called Nick
A bright and lively man, Nick, is facing a rare neurological illness which has affected him physically and psychologically, but still he arrived with a friend to the party and seemed immediately surrounded by more male friends from Trelawnyd. 
I watched them carefully, and was reminded of the close bonds forged by the male pack members of a wolf family. 
Without fuss, one friend brought a chair, another a drink and yet another put a gentle hand on a shoulder as they chatted away, watching the band play and the visitors gossip. 

As one pack member moved away, another took his place and for a group of Welsh men, not always known for their emotional intelligence , I saw a great deal of love and care in those simple interactions. 

I too joined the pack circle that afternoon, and thought at the time just how lucky I am to be a part of such a group of such genuine people .

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing for all those men to do, and I suspect not one of them did anything consciously. Just friends instinctively supporting a friend, as it should be. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that’s why I likened it to a wolf pack
      Everything unsaid

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:34 pm

    Squire…..quite lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:53 pm

      Sorry squire it was ,,I’ve had three 🍸🍸🍸

      Leexxxx

      Delete
  3. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. caring naturally, no fuss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:56 pm

    John was talking about my husband Nick. It was all very moving at the Garden Party and I continue to see acts of kindness in our daily lives. It gives one faith in humanity and I am glad for it. And we are so very blessed that our John is central to our little community xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was written by nick’s wife
      The velvet voiced Linda xxx

      Delete
    2. Who is a force for good

      Delete
  6. Yes, what you find yourself surrounded by and a part of is rare.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes