Twin Update

 My nights have been steady and psychologically testing and so this post will be somewhat light and frivolous in nature.
An update on the twins 


 Bun remains the more outgoing girl.
Her interactions with the Welsh are now playful but distant. They remind me of primary school girls in their short shirts and oversized wellington boots galloping through the mud holes of the playground with a silly dim boy in tow. The boy being Roger. 
Mary is almost at the touching stage, she lies pretending to rest in front of the fire knowing all too well that Bun is only a foot it so away, waiting to be approached.

That approach won’t be long now. Roger too is at touching distance but his gauche clumsiness only affords him a short hiss and a swing of the paw. 

Both twins now sleep on my bed, Weaver towards my feet and Bun often perched on my shoulder or hip. Both like petting and both have eyes for the wet and windy world beyond the front door 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, don't let them go out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. It’s quite sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, progress! They sound delightful. The changing from daytime to night shifts must be so hard. I'm quite 'dulaly' (spelling!!) if I have jet lag, and very late nights do the same thing. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha, sleep with one eye open, Mary and Roger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love that 'door sitter'. The fact that they curl up with you is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara Anne4:09 am

    What a delightful account of life in the cottage as the littles find their places in the pecking order!
    Surely you all sleep better.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When will the get their very own cat flap?

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes