Rowenna

 Old Rowenna died this morning. She was 92. islwyn’s aunt and matriarch to many still in Trelawnyd, she was a lady of purpose and opinion. When she was well Rowenna marched rather than ambled, she marched that older ladies March with the handbag tightly looped over their left arm.


Rowenna, ( far right) with some of the village People.
Arriving at my last garden open

I rang Islwyn, with my condolences, and sat with a cuppa outside until I grew chilled. 
Later I met my sister in law for lunch at the Red Lion in Dyserth, and had proper thick Welsh rabbit and tea. What a bloody treat!  
When I got home it was getting cooler ,
Tomatoes had been left in a bag upon the kitchen wall by Animal Helper Ann 
No where else to go today.
No where else I’d rather be
Nap soon on the couch


6 comments:

  1. Rowenna looks like a formidable lady there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no place like home!
    Condolences to all who knew and loved Rowenna. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Rowenna had such a long life. It sounds like she made a difference to the people around her.
    Have a nice weekend, John.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They don't look like The Village People to me! Wasn't one of them an indian chief and another a patrol cop?

    Farewell to Rowenna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara Anne3:13 pm

    Sympathy to Islwyn, other family, and friends of Rowenna.
    HA! The Village People.
    Your meal sounds scrumptious and you still have time for a nap. Perfect Friday!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't got one4:01 pm

    Nap on the couch, hopefully covered with dogs and kittens to keep warm. 😀
    Jean.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes