More Plans

 I've taken my eye off the ball when it comes to planning nice things to do and experience. Everything feels as though its a tad serious and work orientated, which it is.

I work two full days a week, am counselling one full day and and in college another, so by the time the litter tray has been emptied (oh God that's an awful job) and I've watched Call My Bluff on a Monday night, the week is suddenly over.

Jesus how effin boring.

The remaining arse end of October I have booked tickets for my sister and I to see the English National Ballet's version of Giselle in Liverpool and got the very last ticket (and I'm not joking) to Holst The Planets at Liverpool's Philharmonic Hall.


November I am popping up to Sheffield for a day and a half. The Rocky Horror Picture Show with my friend Jane and a leisurely Sunday lunch with friends Mike and Bev.

I've even toyed with a post Christmas weekend to Madrid to see my ( "My" choir!!) but couldn't quite make the numbers work for me. 

so I've booked five days in Rome in March

bosh!!!

all this, is a challenge to the approaching winter.

a panacea to ward away low moods

I'm writing this on my break at work, its 5 am and light rain is falling on the Hospice. I've just listened to a podcast of Rob Delaney's Desert Island Disc choices. It is a sobering and incredibly moving piece of Radio, where Delaney talks eloquently about the death of his baby son. Like Lauren Lavern I was moved into silence by his  emotional honesty. 


My nephew is away on holiday so on the way home I have the job of taking his son, my great nephew to college. He is one for the lie in so I've texted to say that if he's not ready his gay uncle will go all camp outside his house and will embarrass him in front of the neighbours

its the village Apple festival on Saturday, I'm helping with the judging 




8 comments:

  1. I have just been listening to a replay of the poet Simon Armitage's Desert Island Discs. What a dreadful selection of 'music'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a gay uncle camp outside the house sounds a treat and not a threat…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:42 am

      I'd love to see that ๐Ÿ˜ Kath x

      Delete
  3. Little treats to punctuate work and college. Excellent!
    It is the duty of the older generation to embarrass the younger generation, so you're doing great. Uncle Buck springs to mind! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:02 am

    Always good to have some enjoyable plans to look forward to. Rome is a wonderful one! I always gain so much pleasure just from the planning and anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is an old curmudgeon in Sheffield you should meet.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes