California Suite (1978) |


A good thirty years before she was made infamous for her washpish one liners in Downton, Maggie Smith proved herself to be an incredibly comedy actress in the likes of Neil Simon’s Californian  Suite.
She died recently, reducing the living British Natural Treasure tally to just, Judi Dench, Alan Bennett and Ian McClellan.

Any National Treasures I’ve missed?

I’m working long days this weekend so now I have been cooking some healthy meals 
A hearty bean and chorizo soup, pandan noodles with prawns, a Cumberland sausage stew 



10 comments:

  1. A sad day indeed. Another fine actress. RIP Dame Maggie. Thanks for all the wonderful times. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:58 pm

    RIP Maggie, you were a favourite of mine. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIP Maggie, brilliant in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. How about David Jason as a National Treasure. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could you forget the national treasure that is lovely Joanna Lumley! https://www.hachette.co.uk/contributor/joanna-lumley-3/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that film. I think I need to see it again. And everything Maggie Smith ever did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only saw her once on stage. Interpreters in 1985. I'm glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. RIP Maggie, you were one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara Anne4:49 pm

    What a great movie California Suite was and am so very sorry to hear that Dame Maggie is gone. She will certainly be missed.
    Hope you're having a good day and feel back to normal.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Traveller5:03 pm

    David Attenborough, Michael Palin, Helen Mirren?

    ReplyDelete
  10. "California Suite" is one of my favorite movies. I bet I've seen it a hundred times. I can recite dialogue.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes