Roses

 Islwyn has opened the field gate for the undertaker to bring his digger around.
I suspect the funeral is tomorrow. 
I don’t know who has died.
It’s warm and slightly humid today, and a third late bloom of ice cream roses have flowered in the front garden which looks neat after my sister went to town on it yesterday 


This morning I drove to Llandrillo College to,use the library and managed to find some research papers to critique for tomorrow’s lesson. The promenade in nearby Llandudno was busy, and I sat there for a while, drinking coffee and people watching. I couldn’t stay that long as the dogs needed another walk but they were all asleep when I got home.
This afternoon I washed and ironed ( !) some clothes for London 



17 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:22 pm

    Your roses look magnificent, sad to see the undertaker coming to do his job. At least you know he isn’t coming for you. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have to blow the dust off your ironing board, LOL?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to see a late flowering of those roses.
    Roses always seem to cheer me up somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those roses are beautiful. Oooo, get you, washing AND ironing your shirts. Just remember to pack carefully, you don't want to undo all the hard work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic white roses! Ironing, I thought that was a thing of the past. Wash and wear is my game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yorkshire Liz3:39 pm

    Your cottage always looks so beautiful. It looks like home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara anne4:10 pm

    Lovely roses and I wish Janet would come to help us here ..
    My mother used to pack with tissue paper between each layer and around the shoes. She also hung everything up as soo as possible Happy anticipation!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet has an eye, not only for plants but for spaces and paths and design. She highlights the beds with crisp lines and there is a sense of order and neatness about her gardens

      Delete
    2. So true! Hugs!

      Delete
  8. Anonymous4:39 pm

    I hope that faint image in the window is the queen cutout, it tickled me so when you indicated little kids delight in seeing her as they walk down the lane. sending love from Gail in California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No she is now pride of place in the back bedroom and can be seen waving up the lane by anyone coming down

      Delete
  9. Such lovely roses, John!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:47 pm

    Your roses are a picture as is your cottage. I love ironing I find it very soothing after the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Not that I do a lot of it these days with ready to wear clothing and a tumble dryer!

    Jo in auckland

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ironed? IRONED? I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Lord. I never iron anything.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes