"Standing at the Sky's Edge" Crucible Theatre set


This short drone movie , moved me so very much tonight. 
It was sent to me by a dear friend who I worked with on Spinal Injuries with the note 
“ this will make you cry” 
And it did
And it sort of captured the pride I have for a city I no longer live in , but which I adore so very much.

I had a lovely time touching base with old friends yesterday and this afternoon. 
Tea and cake in Kathryn’s cosy front room with Vince just as sweet as sitting smiling at John H holding court with me and Mike in All Bar One and Jane running through the sodden Sheffield streets with our umbrella giving up the ghost.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:03 pm

    Would you ever move back dearheart John?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No anon, I think you can never go back , but I shall always visit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the feeling your "touching base" was just what you needed. Lovely memories made, too. What could be better? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flying drone videos! That is one beautiful theatre too. Glad you had such a good time with all your dear friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your obvious love for the way things were.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever bit of filming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That was fun to watch. You must miss it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you would be a great guest on Sheffield radio with your wonderful voice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:42 am

    Loveeeee the drone footage💕

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:43 am

    Loveeeee the drone footage💕

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara Anne4:05 pm

    It's so true that things are never the same when you move back somewhere you've lived before.
    I agree with flis that you'd be wonderful on radio!
    Amazing drone pictures.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes