Sex Bomb

 

My sister Janet arrived yesterday and did a cracking job on the front garden . In the afternoon, well  after she’d left Mr Poznan knocked on the lane window specifically to tell me now nice the garden looked. 
He came in for tea.

Janet has bought me a ticket to ABBA voyage for Christmas 
We go in February which means another lovely trip to London. 
The last time we went to a concert together, we went to see Tom Jones at the Sheffield Arena . 
I smuggled in a bottle of gin , divided into two water bottles and not knowing it was neat, Janet decked hers a little too quickly 
I remember when we’re on the tram home to Hillsborough she gave a drunken, spirited and rather variable version of Tom’s hit of Sex Bomb to a rather stunned 100 or so fellow passengers as she slid up and down a nearby handrail like a somewhat shaken poledancer 


I think I need to get her a ticket to the Royal Ballet for her Christmas pressie she  needs to experience the Opera House as she’s never been.
Nu and I are going to see The English National Opera’s version It’s a wonderful Life in December, it’s our pre Christmas treat and my nephew Leo and I are off to see Six in London in a few weeks time. 
I’ve booked us a meal in Dishoom Convent Garden as a treat. 

Add to that the fact that old Sheffield friend Jane and I are meeting in Manchester for Jack Thorne’s theatrical adaptation of John Ajvide Lindgvust’s horror piece Let The Right One In next week, and I’m pretty lucky theatre wise 
I think we will have a boogie in the gay village too…hey ho

Last night was a real Hugge night. 

At 6 pm I had a glass of port ( a miniature given to me last Christmas by Mrs Trellis alongside a mars bar wrapped in a red napkin ! )   With some cheese and crackers. I turned the lights low and stoked up the fire and watched the dvd  I Remember Mama with Irene Dunne with a handkerchief  
It was just after 8pm when I got ready for bed mindful of another busy day and I stopped to watch Roger
He was asleep on the yellow arm chair , his tail whirling like a helicopter  as he dreamt happy doggy dreams 

So sweet.

54 comments:

  1. Good to have plans with friends.
    Lovely to see that Roger is settling well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He’s a darling , tonight with the fireworks going off he. Stood in front of a cowering Dorothy barking at the noise

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:42 am

    I so love your sister already. It’s so me. Marie, Melbourne, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the shame.....so much fun at the time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, now your little escapade is known the world over. Wine masquerades nicely in a S.Pellegrino bottle ... just so you know for next time. ;-)

      Delete
    2. No real shame apart from the singing

      Delete
  4. I Remember Mama has always been one of my favorites and especially "Uncle Elizabeth" X

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a good man, getting the fairy lights. I'm jealous of your upcoming ABBA experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that description of Janet on the tram home!

    Roger is such a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You’re so cultured. And can’t deny Tom Jones has still got it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cultured , I’m so happy u think so x

      Delete
  8. Joan (Devon)11:10 am

    I do envy you your theatre trips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Give her a half bottle of gin for the Royal Ballet too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of fun plans to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep doing things that feed your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder what dogs dream about - probably bones or in the case of Steve Reed's Olga - squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Doesn't take as much as that now lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like Mr Poznan and Tom Jone'ss sex bomb - sex bomb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr poznan is a male version of miss marple

      Delete
  16. That sounds like a lot of fun....the sneaky gin and then the drunken entertainment of your fellow passengers on the way home. Can I go out with the two of you next time? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime jennifer ..
      My sister is a real performer when squiffy…her best move was running around my elder sister’s garden with two sticks with ribbons attached performing Olympic floor routines

      Delete
  17. Had to giggle at the image of Janet "pole-dancing" on the tram. You've got so many treats lined up. How do you find time to work? lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:01 pm

      Not only how does he find time but how does he afford to buy it all? Next post he'll be pleading poverty and hoping kind readers will send him money as he has several times before.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:14 pm

      what a horrible thing to say. It shows you having a mean and nasty inner spirit

      Delete
    3. You are so bitter and jealous anon 🐜

      Delete
    4. What a sad, vindictive, jealous person you must be Anon 4.01pm. I'm so glad I'm not you.

      Delete
    5. Anonymous6:15 pm

      flis-you're always ready to jump in with your attempts to protect John-don't you remember not long ago you were warned off doing that? He's a grown up and is quite able to defend himself-perhaps you should also wait until you're grown up before you hijack someone's blog.

      Delete
    6. poot off 💥

      Delete
  18. Reading about the glass of port, the Mars bar, and the cheese and crackers, (in front of a cozy fire and a good movie), relaxed me as if I was there. I need to do a reenactment tonight. I must remember to put Port on the to do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a treat isn’t it…I never really drink it, except at Christmas

      Delete
  19. Need a picture of the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That does sound very hygge. I'm curious about that ABBA show. I'd kind of like to see it, but I'm bewildered about how to behave. Do you applaud for a hologram?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be sitting in the seats where we can sing but not dance, the expensive areas in the audience are where you dance

      Delete
  21. I love that you have so many fun people around you, it's your fun nature that draws them in, well that and being related to some of the nicest of them. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m lucky ….I’ve always been drawn to “ warm “ people ….my siblings , ( including my brother) all have their fun sides

      Delete
  22. Barbara Anne4:31 pm

    Love the story about Garden Diva, Janet after the Tom Jones concert!! What I remember about evening shift as a student nurse and how difficult it was to tt take a pulse when Tom Jones was singing on the TV!
    What delightful plans you have to look forward to!! Wisard. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did many funny things in those days in Sheffield , so much fun ….

      Delete
  23. You know how to have a good time! Janet becomes a party girl with a bit of gin. So funny about pole dancing on the train.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet was always considered the quietest sibling
      She’s not

      Delete
  24. Janet sounds like she is good fun, with her attempt to outdo Kim Wilde.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I once had one too many margharitas around a camp fire. I got the idea that roasting marshmallows would be a good idea. I was told where they were, so I went to get them. Evidently I was a bit surprised at the size, but what came out was "these are the biggest motherf----ing marshmallows I have ever seen in my life!" Two results of this: the story is recounted around every camp fire I am at. Also the kids ply me with alcohol for entertainment purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Clever! What sort of gin? I'd like to know.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes