Sunday

 
Look closely and you can see the remains of the nest

The weather has changed and everyone’s heating is on today. 
The wind is from the South West and has been strong enough to loosen the rook’s nest in the last remaining living ash in the graveyard. 
Parts of it, we watched fall during a quick walk.
Incidentally I found parts of my blue plastic earphones in Roger’s poo
I wondered where they had gone.

I’ve done little in 24 hours, only going out to the garage to buy my tearful neighbour a pick me up bag of treats, a few flowers, ice cream, chocolate raisins and 2 gossip magazines.
We all need a treat when we are fed up.

I’ve watched this weeks Bake off and this week’s Walking Dead and needing a bit of company texted a friend to see if they wanted to see the gay rom com BROS later today 
They will……hurrah 


I popped into my Ruth/Ben/John messenger group earlier after I heard the tragic news from Seoul. Ben lives there with his family and a few virtual hugs were shared as they told us that they are all ok. 
I miss working with them both 

The Goonies is playing on sky , but I couldn’t watch it…far too much shouting for my liking.



15 comments:

  1. Yorkshire Liz3:26 pm

    It's been that sort of Sunday after a dark, wet and windy weekend. But everything always seems strange the day after the clocks change, so that may account for it. Blue Poo! Very classy! My friend Heather once had a golden lab who ate an entire Roberts radio while we were out shopping. Roger reminded me of that! Let us know what Bros is like; the stars were interviewed on TV last week, and seemed rather lovely blokes - Hollywood's first gay rom-com. Brilliant milestone, so hope it is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it’s not the first , but it’s a good publicity link

      Delete
  2. I wonder what Roger had been listening to inside himself on your blue earphones...
    How much is that doggie in the window?
    The one with the waggly tail
    How much is that doggie in the window?
    I do hope that doggie's for sale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember singing that song in the local church hall for the coronation celebrations of the Queen, lol
      Briony
      x

      Delete
    2. I don’t want him to become ill
      I have to be very careful what’s in reach

      Delete
  3. I am quite thorough viewing my dogs poo - in fact some may say bordering obsessive - Reason being vets have often enquired about it x 👀 🌭

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roger the incorrigible! Let us know how you like "Bros." I haven't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara Anne5:00 pm

    ah, it is clear that you need to put all small things inside containers with lids so Roger cannot swallow them. That said, our first dog ate tin cans from the kitchen trash and suffered no ill effects. Of course after seeing that in the poo, we got a trash bin with a lid.
    Nice to get your sad friend a bag of happiness!Enjoy the rom-com.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rom com was what we both needed today

      Delete
  6. I too am not fond of shouting; it turns me off quick to hear some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all shouting, ok for teens
      I was 23 when it came out

      Delete
  7. Oh, naughty Roger! You need to check for tasty bits and bobs and put them somewhere Roger-proof! So awful about the Seoul deaths. I saw the trailer for Bros on TV and thought that's one for John, so I'm pleased you've got a friend to enjoy it with. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything has been put out of reach for a while now. He got the headphones out of my work bag

      Delete
  8. Oh, Roger. Our friends' 3--year-old son last night swallowed a little stretchy rubber toy. They went to urgent care and are now monitoring his poo.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes