Bros


 Gay Rom Com Mainstream American movies are as rare as hens teeth
Rom coms are sanitized by the nature of the beast so a Rom com that features all aspects of the LGBTQ+ rainbow, which includes throuples, grindr sex, and the like seems a bit of a challenge.
The Rom com itself centres upon Bobby  a loud, brittle but generally self reliant gay history museum curator ( played by Billy Eichner ) he meets shirtless beefcake lawyer Aaron ( Luke Macfarland) and the usual boy finds boy, boy looses boy, boy finds boy formula starts against a backdrop of a sassy script, sharp observations of the modern gay lifestyle and a pride of what’s gone on in the past. 
The comedy is sweet enough ( ultimately a little too sentimental) which is a surprise given the drug taking, sex filled, and shallow lives the leads are shown to live. 
But Eichner and Macfarland do have a nice chemistry on screen and by the end I was shedding a tear, not only when the two finally get together to agree to “date monogamously  “ but when friends of the couple , each, not surprisingly,  representing each part of the LGBTQ+ community ( and obligatory straight best friend) joyously dance together at a museum party,
A lovely scene of inclusivity 

14 comments:

  1. Haven't seen this yet, but plan to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has its issues, but generally I liked it

      Delete
  2. I don't think I'd dare watch it John - sounds a bit too raunchy for me with a grinder ! x 🔩 🌀

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what it's meaning is in your country and I am probably out of touch with young people's usage here, but date used to mean going out to dinner, dancing or a film with someone. It did not mean engaging in sex. I guess the need for a word was there and dating was grabbed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had one wish in this whole wide world, it would be that every last part of the world was inclusive for every last person. No matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like modern dating with all the usual twists, turns and drama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara Anne11:48 pm

    I would hope everyone could/would find a special someone to love, warts and all, and not expect everyothing to be perfect, but kind, funny, with laughter and forgiveness, good food, and shared memories. The long haul so says I ager nearly 51 years married and we haven;t killed each other ... yet!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all need a feel-good weepy movie sometimes. Glad you enjoyed it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It doesn't sound as if it's going on my 'Favourite Films' list, but my list is pretty thin anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like it is worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked it!
    A gay rom com is very rare. A good gay rom com? We need to go see it.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes