Crisps Standing Up


 I’m late home
I’m Working again tomorrow. 
And I’m too tired to make a planned meal of chicken and udon noodles all left out neatly on the kitchen worktop.
After some rummaging I found a packet of fish and chips crisps in the back of the larder and ate them all standing up as the dogs and Albert eagerly slurped their suppers. 
I couldn’t tell the flavour for the life of me.

I will leave you with one of a whole series of my favourite tiktok videos 
It’s a simple illustration of a Chinese country man cooking for himself and his son 
Quite hypnotic and rather magical 
I’m off to watch the half season finale of The Walking Dead in bed 
Gracie and Judith are in trouble 




15 comments:

  1. No 'I won't eat my vegetables' from that little boy...I bet you wouldn't have said 'no' either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yorkshire Liz9:19 pm

    We all have nights and days like that, too mentally and physically exhausted to cook. Crisps are a cure all....hummus with lentil or quinoa crisps are a good alternative. Night night John. Enjoy the indulgence of going to bed with the walking dead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep well. Sounds like you need it ((0))

    ReplyDelete
  4. The music in the video was lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara Anne12:55 am

    Hope you don't fall asleep during the final episode of Walking Dead since you'll be in bed!
    Hope you can start dinner in the slow cooker tomorrow so it's ready when you are.
    Sweet dreams!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the music in the video. Have a good sleep, John!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've eaten a few odd "meals" when tired.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to buy multi packs of different flavoured crisps. Our favourite game was 'Guess the flavour'. They all tasted the same, and horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, dear, you must have been exhausted. Too tired even to grab something from the deep freeze! You'd better have a couple of eggs for breakfast or you'll never make it through tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the video.
    Hope you can grab something to eat in the morning after such an exhausting time at work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm amazed how he can make sticks and leaves into something that looks delicious-my dads girlfriend did similar with spinach and garlic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps-couscous and tinned rat.is quick x

      Delete
  12. I wonder if my neighbour would notice if I pinched a bit of her bamboo to cook :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you watched Li Ziqi on youtube, her vlogs are mesmerising.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Touching video of the father and son.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes