Queer Art


 Holiday day three.
The weather remains fine.
Very warm with a nice sea breeze. 
I popped over to the Mostyn Gallery to see the Tarek Lakhrissi My Immortal exhibition 
Which was described thus
“Taking the 2003 song ‘My Immortal’ by American pop group Evanescence as its title, the exhibition reflects upon the notion of community, particularly a queer community which it considers as a complex, fragile and ephemeral entity. On the one hand it can offer possibilities of love, empowerment and protection but also nightmares and fears”
But still didn’t grasp his concepts fully. 
I did like the spear mobiles though…..quite beautiful. I posted photographs on my Facebook page and my Sheffield bestie commented
Did you inform the gallery they have been robbed? All those mobiles stolen that were hanging from the wires. The horror! ðŸ˜³ðŸ˜‰ x“

 I had a flat white in the cafe and, bought a picture of a curlew which made me feel better then went for a long walk on the Prom and out along the pier .

The breeze was gloriously warm



I bought myself an ice cream and people watched for a while
Everyone seemed to be in couples 
I’m meeting a friend for dinner later
Tomorrow I’m off to London


26 comments:

  1. Barbara Anne2:30 pm

    It seems to me that the wire mobiles are more difficult to see and appreciated since their backdrop is a colorful skylight. They're also wispy. Perhaps they must be seen in person to be better appreciated.
    I hope to see the new curlew picture soon.
    Enjoy London ... and a visit with Nu?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Nu this time, she’s will be at the Wisley Flower Show
      I’m meeting my friend Alex

      Delete
    2. Barbara Anne6:02 pm

      Nice!

      Hugs!

      Delete
  2. I like the mobiles but the exhibition notes seem a bit pretentious to me (but I'm probably a pleb!) I bet your curlew picture will look lovely on your art wall, or is it destined for elsewhere? Enjoy your trip to London. A meet up with friends is always welcome. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m going to the Banksy exhibition then meeting Alex for tea and theatre on the South Bank . I’m pondering what to do on Friday morning before I come home

      Delete
  3. I wonder if the spears demonstrate the pain that can be experienced with another-or the love of cupid whose arrows are pure x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, yeah, okay. I applaud flis's interpretation. It certainly would never have occurred to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the emperor's new clothes, to me, with a couple of bits of someone's (possibly stolen) wrought iron fence hanging from the ceiling. Your curlew sounds much more like it, hope to see that tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post a photo it’s very sweet

      Delete
  6. I have to totally agree with your friend Michael's comment. Not my idea of art. I look forward to seeing your curlew picture when placed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that feeling of everyone seemimg to be in couples only too well. Not sure how yu can combat it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting mobiles. Sometimes art can be a little too long on concept, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get being alone and thinking everybody is in a couple. Not true There are lots of us to be discovered and lucky people we are .love you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Signed off my comment Jo in Coventry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sensible wee boy beside the big alleged Emperor10:30 pm

    What a lot of utter tosh can be passed off as art. Nowt so gullible as folk. Glad you had a nice day though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like you state, the concept of the exhibition seems a bit of a stretch for me as well. That said, there is only a fine line between bliss and madness. Don't you think bliss and madness blended generally works? Your stroll by the sea enjoying ice cream sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not my type of art, I never can grasp a concept. But you had a nice day out none the less. The views out to sea are lovely but I got a shock horror of all of those people on the pier we are still in Level 4 lockdown in Auckland and avoiding each other like the plague Delta is.

    Jo in Auckland

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beyond me too! But it did remind me of the $$$$$ piece of art at the MOMA - a screw on the wall and a piece of somewhat twisted wire hanging from it.... (Eye Roll!!) And I could have been looking at a Monet! - what a waste of time!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes