Bulldog Sulks

The My Favourite Corner competition will conclude tomorrow evening
I have another two dozen or so to show you then

The Sams conference was generally a productive day. We had a presentation from a survivor of abuse, perpetrated by Care home staff on children at Bryn Estyn Children's home in Wrexham in the 1980s which proved not only moving but incredibly helpful as the presenter underlined just how Samaritans failed him at that time.
Sometimes it's important to examine how's things go wrong rather just to explore good practise

I don't leave the dogs all day usually, but when I finally got back to the cottage it was past 6 pm and Winnie was stood sulking  in the living room her sad eyes facing the wall.
She does this when she feels slighted.
I had preempted this diva-esque behaviour by buying her a packet of chicken flavoured Crisps in Bangor Hospital's staff canteen  which I rattled enticingly at the kitchen door, like a Spanish dancer with a pair of castanets.
She munched on them with her eyes shut as we all sat in the rain next to the Church after wees and poos
But still looked away when I called her to follow me home.
I had trouble walking too for the cold rain had stiffened my sore legs, made even more sore by a somewhat energetic game of badminton with gorgeous Dave last night
I hobbled around ten yards before Winnie finally got up to follow me with a sigh
She will sulk that I went out for so long until bed time.

Winnie Sulking 

30 comments:

  1. Ms. Winnie Divine. She is a bit of a diva, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd sulk too if you abandoned me all day and then expected me to be won over with a packet of chicken flavoured crisps and a walk in the rain 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

      Delete
    2. Would you eat all the crisps though?

      Delete
    3. I am with Sue. And would reject the chips (while you were looking) just to show how slighted I felt.

      Delete
    4. Sadly, I WOULD eat all of the crisps....

      Delete
    5. I agree Sue. I'd poo on the floor too!

      Delete
  3. Good to hear the Sams conference was productive. We do learn more from our mistakes I think. Do the other dogs sulk or just Winnie? Our cats sulk if we leave the house more than once in a day or if we stay gone too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No , Mary is permanently happy
      George just sleeps

      Delete
  4. Give him hell, Winnie! You never know what he'll bring home for next time!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're such a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can just picture her grudgingly following your hobbling frame at a distance, home through the rain. I can almost imagine the groaning sigh when she plopped herself down inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's 21.35 and she's just climbed onto the couch and is now lying between my pyjamaed legs with her fat face in my crotch

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah Jones9:41 pm

    Bless Winnie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. the late great fabulous divine! it's ok, winnie, daddy still loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. maybe it's in the name. my winnie is quite a diva too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Winnie and Mary are a hoot but I worry about sweet George. He is getting very old.
    They found a heart murmur in Agatha and she has bladder problems.
    Yea meds....

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  12. I now have a vision of you and the furry bunch all having wees and poos in the open! hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Winnie just wants you to "examine how things went wrong rather than just explore positive practice"!!

    Actually that is a very perceptive observation that is not followed enough in the real world, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Winnie has so much character, John! I call my cat, Karma, a diva (which she is!) but with exception of a couple of people who know her well, others say she has 'character'. You might have to up your peace gift to 2 packets next time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ...like a Spanish dancer with a pair of castanets..Lol,I will have this vision on my mind all day now!.Ive now got to wash the breakfast pots up laughing to myself!.No wonder your pets love you so much.Hope you all have a lovely day,xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is always someone to keep us in check.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think examining our mistakes is the very best learning tool. I use the phrase "learn by burn" all the time - best way to remember something you don't ever want to do wrong again. Also at work I always tell people I know so much because at some point in my past I've done it wrong! Poor Winnie - these animals sure know how to tug at our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that photo! Too funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's funny how Winnie holds a bit of a grudge dogs can teach us a thing or two I can be bought of by by a bag of crisps.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't see how you can pick just one corner!! There are soooo many cool corners. Looking forward to seeing who you think is the winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes