A Mixed Bag- Fickle updates/Camilla and farting pigs

The Indian Runners in defensive mode....watching a cat in the long grass

To answer Mrs Fickle's anxious email...YES the hysterical Indian Runner Ducks are still with me!
The field compliment of ducks has plateaued at 8 birds. (5 Indian Runners females, 1 Indian runner cross female, 1 magpie female and Halleh, the bog standard lone drake with sexuality problems .
I need a runner drake to bring back a better blood line within the group and Halleh, who has practically tried to rape every dark coloured hen on the field, will be removed to pastures new.
Most of the ducks are over two years old now and despite their maturity still they retain the rather irritating persona of a group of teenage girls that have been locked inside a ghost train.
Every move you make on the field, whether it be filling up the pond with a bucket or scratching your arse with the blunt end of the garden hoe, the runners will spy your actions, look at each other with slightly anxious expressions then launch themselves into what only could be described as uncontrolled hysterics
"Scream!!!!!!run!!!!!!!!!!! run like the wind"
I love them dearly.....they lay scores of beautiful blue eggs too! but I could slap each and every one of them

Yesterday I decided to rename CJ.
He/she is far too graceful and beautiful to have such a teenage name, so I thought I would ask the first person to stop by the field to suggest a more fitting title!
Around 2pm a woman and her young daughter stopped to ask if I had any chicks for sale. After a brief conversation I asked the daughter ( who looked like Ugly Betty) if she could think of a new name for CJ.
I explained that the young Canada goose needed a name in keeping with her slim, graceful and pretty new image...
The girl didn't hesitate
"Camilla Parker Bowles!" she lisped without hint of irony
And so...children let that be a lesson to you all...... Camilla it is!!!


Camilla with trusty Badger still in tow
I will leave you with a note of caution.....
I was rushing this morning as I needed to get to my brother's house for 9.15am.
As I was galloping down to water the pigs I heard someone walking their dogs just beyond the hedge. They must have heard me as I was puffing and blowing like a steam train at full pelt..... as I got to the pig pen No 12 let out the longest and loudest fart I have heard in many a month, and immediately afterwards I could hear the person that was walking the dogs tut VERY pointedly.
I was too embarrassed to explain to "disgusted of Trelawnyd" that it was not me that broke wind quite so vociferously but the pig, but that's obviously what they thought!
Another nail in my social coffin me thinks

35 comments:

  1. Co-incidentally, I think that Camilla and the Farting Pigs were on the main stage at Glastonbury this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, I'm tired and worn out, but your post has given me a nice lift! I love the runner ducks too, because you describe their hysterics so perfectly and have made them a bit endearing--However #21 will take a little bit! :-)

    By the way, I hope you'll stop by my blog. Someone named the 'Fairy Hobmother' in the UK is going to grant a wish for someone who wishes for something (or anything) in their comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes John, of course it was the pig...
    I hope that Ugly Betty doesn't read this blog, she may need years of counselling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny. Life at your place is never boring, is it? On the bright side, your dog-walking neighbor didn't actually SEE you, did she? So perhaps someone else will get the rap for the untimely blast of gas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lilli our Pup has been letting rip lately.

    She let fly near the intake to the central heating and nearly gassed the lot of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another award winning title, John. It was probably 50/50 between you and the pig anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blame it on the pig. Yep. Uh huh. Tee hee hee hee. xoxoxoxoxoxo
    Camilla is very beautiful, and hysterical Runner Ducks are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just reading your post and comments to the mr. of the house as he was leaving for work...he was laughing so hard no sound was escaping!! He is a vegan....so we have some similar problems here at Seaview cottage with the large leafy green and bean intake!! I think I will be laughing all day....thanks Al for " Lille the pups" contribution!!!
    This is a very interesting site I have found!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. miss Holly
    (you sound like a Southern Belle)
    nice to have you aboard

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:55 am

    I can just picture those wildly screaming and fluttering runners. Too bad about the pig. THAT story will be all around the village before you have lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmmm - Camilla...a strangely compelling name and it sounds so familiar. You had me laughing out loud this morning John. A good way to start my day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah John are you sure tis the pig that farted and we're not witnessing a cover up? Great post my man, spirits lifted before tonight's 12 shift in the shit pit.
    Regards,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  13. What IS it with men and farting? No. Wait. Don't answer that.
    I said once that my husband went to The School of Hard Knocks and majored in farting and belching. He too would blame it on whtever nearby animal [poor No 12!]
    I wonder if your fart has the same lovely lilt that your accent does. Dont' answer that either.

    ReplyDelete
  14. At least you did not blame it on the dog! By the way...Last year's pumpkin weighed 629 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought farting was an acceptable part of country life John.
    I think Camilla suits that goose down to the ground.
    As for the pastures new for that duck - do hope it is not inside the over door!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Camilla? Um, more proper name for the pig... just sayin....

    You're going to do what to Halleh???

    ReplyDelete
  17. The gal chose well; she looks like a Camilla. As for the farting, I've finally given up pretending it was the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm sorry, John. The pig story is just so funny. :)
    Hope things are going well for you all today. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah yeah, John, blame the pig, we believe you (not)...

    You been munching on the layers pellets again?

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL! I believe you!

    I do!

    No, I really do!

    ReplyDelete
  21. sharon and weaver
    no Halleh will ultimately be re homed with someone with ducks and NO hens

    ReplyDelete
  22. Uh huh, it was the pig. Somehow, I hadn't realized the Camilla was a Canada goose, and I also didn't realize that you had that species in Wales. I wonder if she will fly away when the wild geese go South?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had to laugh at the naming of C.J. because that is the name I was originally going to call PIG 21, and thought better against it...
    I think it suits C.J. !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  24. I usually blame my husband out in public. This weekend, one escaped whilst walking in a forest with the in-laws that sounded remarkably like one of hubby's typical trumpets... and he got "the tut" from his mom. I have mastered ventrilo-farting!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think you should have called out. 'It was the pig!! Honestly!!' T'would have been so much funnier. Because the more you try and insist it's not you, the more it looks as if it WAS you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL - I normally blame the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOL - I normally blame the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Camilla. It's perfect. She's stunning - as you said, very regal.

    As for the farting pig... Oh my. I don't know what to say. Yuck? Poor you? Run?

    Never a boring moment on your blog, John. Just love it!

    Farmer

    ReplyDelete
  29. I could hardly read this for laughing!
    You're going to be getting quite a reputation in your village what with the flashing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Camilla is a lovely name.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh John, you kill me. And the comments are pretty funny too. Camilla is a beautiful name for a beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  32. John you brought tears to my eyes a few times with this blog post. LOVE your description of the Indian Runner Ducks LOL. Your description of the young lady who named CJ did it again and of course your pigs fart and the 'dog walkers' reaction took it over the top. Now that's a way to start my day...THANKS LOL!!
    Maura :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. How nice of you to protect the pig from embarrassment -- not that the pig seems particularly self conscious. Such a sacrifice!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Putting you on my blogroll tonight, The pig farting put me over the edge as this being a top blog spot.

    I am entertaining the idea of getting some guinea hogs to breed and harvest.

    My donkey Earl. lets one go with every earth shattering bray. He is only a mini! Imagine a big bray.

    I have Indian runners, and I have never heard such a fitting description. I have more in the incubator, hatching in a week. I bet they are scared to death to hatch.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Geez, I know I'm behind on my blog-reading when you've acquired a Canada Goose without me knowing!

    We get 10 billion of them in our fields every fall. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes