Camilla the actress

. Over the years The Archers' cast has been joined by various famous celebrities, who have popped up in cameo roles in the middle England village . Judi Dench,Ewan Mc Gregor and Terry Wogan, amongst others have chirped up with the odd few words as have Princess Margaret and The Duke Of Westminster, who appeared in the early 1980s in support of the NSPCC.
Last night Camilla the Duchess of Cormwall arrived at Grey Gables (.BBC Camilla story)..she had a "nice chat-et" with the velvet voiced Caroline and waxed lyrically over the too-good-to-be-true Ian, and his shortbread........before popping off to another engagement....but short as it was, her appearance in the 60 year old soap was indeed a bit of a coup for the BBC and I think another small coup for her personally. (Although Camilla, it must be said that you should not give up your "day job"!)
I like Camilla. She is what she is!  a lady of some privilege with a warm personality and a slightly gung ho attitude who doesn't push herself or her thoughts too much down the publics' throat.
She is, in fact a typical upper middle class lady, who could roll her sleeves up with the best of them to help clean the horses out or chop logs or run the local Flower Show......you recognise the sort don't you?.........a lady who may be full of flu that still walks the dogs in the rain cos it "bloody well just needs doing!" 

I look forward to see Queen Camilla in a few years time....with her wellies and headscarf on, driving the 4 x 4 back from Waitrose!
Now I am off to my brother's house. I am going up to help him with his tracheal suction and the like whilst my sister in law gets some jobs done in town....it' will be nice to be useful

23 comments:

  1. What's the diffrence between Camilla's head and the frot end of a horse?

    Depends on your preference, I s'poe! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you come to mention it you and Camilla are rather similar!

    I like her too. And Charles too actually.

    I know someone who was on the archers for a few episodes. The father of my daughter's best friend. My dad was very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. USEFUL!!!! As if you aren't useful every single day!
    Cheers to you and Caamillla.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listening to her last night, I thought she sounded nasal, and had probably snorted a load of coke before making the recording. Is that treason?

    I always think of you when I hear Ian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. - and I always think of the old mobile phone, 'press the tit' transcript whenever I think of Camilla... EEEEEEEKKK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Camilla and Charles as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:50 pm

    As you say, she is what she is. Good luck to her.

    Shirl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I suppose we are to refer to you now as Duchess!!! or something! Oh the life of the 'privileged'.....

    From here I think Camilla has been given a bad 'rap'......she always knew what she wanted....and got it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a fan of Camilla's. She was very wooden though!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. jim
    yes I quite like the term duchess!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are going over to Andrew's and give him some TLC whist your SIL is off getting some out of the house jobs done! I believe she must have a break.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry but I've got to leave the fold on this one John!

    I detest the woman. She is a home-wrecking adulteress who "got what she wanted" at the expense of a young wife and mother. I was absolutely appalled when the royal family 'accepted' Camilla after Diana's death. I'm afraid that I'm not so generous. To my middle class American eye ~ she is and always will be a slut.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmmm. I have a brother and sisters and I wonder which of them would help me with tracheal suction ? Without knowing you I would venture to say you are one fine brother.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree about Camilla - you can't help the circumstances of your birth and I think she has made a good job of things given all the flak she got for so long. She is down to earth and will probably be a tower of strength to her future daughter-in-law, who will certainly need it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do like people who do what needs to be done. They are the same people who have troubles of their own, sometimes plenty, but don't trouble others with constant complaining. The first to volunteer, the first to help out, to share....like that. Like you, eh kid?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I find it very interesting what you wrote about Camilla John, and it certainly gives another view of her that I'm do believe because we all know how the press can be--But on the flip side, I think Nancy has made a good point as well...

    ReplyDelete
  17. john: ouch
    dan: thank you my man
    peter:cheers
    TOM: off to the tower
    F.F., SHIRL,jim, diane,weaver thyme
    here here
    donna: you're sweet!
    Nancy: oohhh errrrh!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like Camilla. I don't know why that twit Charles didn't marry her in the first place. She is earthy and practical and the right woman for him.

    You are a good brother!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with Judith. I also like that Camilla hasn't had plastic surgery and accepts herself as she is. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous3:22 am

    I agree with Judith too...why didn't he marry her in the first place? He might as well have done. But then we (the world) wouldn't have William and Harry! You are a great brother and BIL!

    ReplyDelete
  21. One of the good things about Camilla is that we know so little about her. She's never tried to grab the headlines, and has happily accepted her role as consort. Yes, it's a shame that Charles didn't marry her first time round.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't know the show/soap, but it seems to be time that Camilla gets a break. Enough time has passed that she should be able to let her life go on now. (Has England forgiven & forgotten now??) I'm glad to see that she has wrinkles like the rest of us natural old ladies!! lol. Caught up on your posts...a ceramic artist named Lorrie Veasey of Our Name Is Mud makes a line of dishes that say,"Everything tastes better with dog hair on it". I love her whimsical creations and have several of her pieces. I commented on a bowl of hers that I bought Pat a few years ago on my blog and she mailed me a few "dog hair" pieces~I love 'em!! Your dropped bagel reminded me of that. LOVE the photo of Meg and William...still a couple of curly haired pups! Send my best to Andrew and Janet too. x-c

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well I knew the BBC were making cuts but Camilla the cameo .....

    Don't think I like the idea of licking her rear either when she starts appears on the stamps - errgh!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes