Midnight Snore and lesbian memories


Now that is a blog entry title that should grab the attention.
Firstly I will give you a quick update on Frankie- I took the video just before I went to bed last night, The cottage was more or less dark and Frankie had crept out of her bed in the kitchen to lie right next to the wood burner......I wanted to underline her snoring prowess rather than to take a proper video of her.....and snore she can...for bloody England!
Frankie sleeps 90% of the day. She is not a lover of walking outside, ( a fact I have found out very quickly) and prefers to sit next to Chris on the couch in her waking hours whilst watching him very closely with her little piggy eyes.
She loves human contact, adores being cuddled and has studiously ignored the other dogs and cat since her arrival .
She hates loud noises, Vaseline on her nose ( apparently Bulldog noses need a regular "dab" cos they get cracked) and the great outdoors...............
Anyhow I am just about to sort out the field chores before I go onto nights tonight but I will leave you with a memory I have which has been sparked by last night's "lesbian" movie. ( forgive me if I have blogged this story before)
Years ago we went to a social evening with a group of friends at the house of a lesbian couple I will call Annie and Lou. Although likable Annie and Lou were terribly intense. Public shows of affection were the norm with them......with long glances of half concealed passion, secret jokes and heavy and sincere conversations peppering the light social evening.
It was always just a tad too much for me.
Anyhow I remember us all being in the kitchen and on top of the piano was a beautiful gold bowl with a lit floating candle gliding around amid a load of rose petals. Annie explained without any guile that this was their "eternal flame of love" a symbol of the couple's deep DEEP emotion for each other.
The group nodded appreciatively at this sight biting our lips carefully and after Annie went to get nibbles from the kitchen, we all stood around in slightly stunned silence looking at this little candle.
The pause in the proceedings was broken by my friend Julie ( a no nonsense broad Yorkshire lass) who whipped out a cigarette saying "fuck this for a game of soldiers" and promptly lit her fag on the candle
Funny what you remember isn't it?

29 comments:

  1. You brighten my day day John - Ta muchly xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video was familiar. Sounds like you recorded it on a 1920s, 35mm with the cover missing, though!

    That's a great story too. We wouldn't tolerate it from doe-eyed hetrosexual couples, so why should we with lesbians??

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. My experience has been the opposite - we seem to have one of everything in my family (except disabled, but there's plenty of time for that), including a lesbian cousin, who has still not come out after all these years. She now about 60 and has been living with a woman for about 35 years and still calls her 'my housekeeper'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh dear, for what it's worth that sounds an awful lot like my husband :)
    Sir Winston would be proud !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morgan snores, but not that loudly. How do you get any sleep? Maybe she will take to walking when she has been with you longer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My lady said that her Peke Ting-a-Ling sounds a LOT like Frankie! She has to nudge Ting many times during the night to adjust the snore to different levels. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I like Julie! That dripping mushy stuff in public is a bit much for me...always seems a little fake too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frankie sounds familiar! lol
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the dog has found her ideal home. I personally do not like bulldogs but if we all liked the same dogs the world would be very boring.
    I was thinking about you this morning. Our local free site was offering two male castrated goats free to good home. Are you interested???
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Methinks you filmed my husband! He sounds just the same.

    About the eternal love candle: Remember a movie with Kate Hudson where she brought "the love fern" into the relationship?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's still early, and I had to delete my previous comment because of gross misspellings.

    Anyway, Frankie sounds exactly like my husband just before I give him a nudge.

    I wonder if that eternal flame is still lit...

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's not too bad, I would probably prefer it to my DH!

    Eternal flame... give me a break!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gawd, for a minute there I thought you were going to say you had turned lesbo! Bless 'em, is the flame still burning? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. knowing the couple as we do...I suspect it is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This reminds me of my old dog, Snoopy, who's around 13, sleeps 90%of the time, and snores like an 80 year old man!

    Thank you for posting about Frankie. How about the new guinea hen - how's she doing?

    ReplyDelete
  17. red
    she's doing ok.... bad tempered with the hens and still sleeping with the old flock!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ah yes the snores of the pushed in face breeds!! They can really crank them out! LOL...Kota wakes me up on a regular basis snoring and honeyman snores sometimes and wakes me up. I am a lite sleeper so well some nights no sleep lol. Which in turn can make for a cranky Texan the next day! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nothing like a chuckle over my morning coffee! John, your blog is a great way to start the day! Frankie sounds just like my ex. I love the candle story - what happens if it accidentally goes out! Gasp!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Reminds me very much of my younger taining days when we all would get together for a party - quite a mixed bunch but very cohesively put together. We would do 7 x 12 hour night shifts straight and after our last night we'd lob in to the White Bay pub (an early opener) with night staff from four hospitals. You can imagine where that day ended up going! Sort of, "who's car keys did I win?" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous9:10 pm

    "fuck this for a game of soldiers"?? I LOVE your idioms over there. Where do you come up with this stuff?
    BTW John, I included a link to your blog in today's post. It's one of my more odd ones (which I realize is saying a lot for me) so I hope you don't mind. The reference to your blog is perfectly respectable of course. :-)
    Dia

    ReplyDelete
  22. DIA
    "Historically soldiers were notorious for becoming engaged in silly and most times (e.g. the game of the "bisquit") non-sense games to kill the time, practice that over time gave them a poorly credible connotation and stereotype. Hence this old fashioned colloquialism (the original version was Sod this for a game of soldiers) compares the foolishness of a certain action/thing with that of "a game of soldiers"

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now that's a title!! Poor fella. Sounds a lot like my BFF :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. At frst read I thought you meant you were all standing on top of the piano !

    Umm I'd say " Bloody get a room " Call me a prude but I do not want to see snogging over the table - It puts me right orf me Stroganoff !

    ReplyDelete
  25. too funny. Our bulldog(American bulldog) does the same thing. Her day is taken up by sleeping, snorting, and eating.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Glad that got explained (the game of soldiers) and glad that I read all the comments before I asked.
    Totally gonna use that one now.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes