Leaving (Partir) and Ducklings


Lopez-sigh

Hazel and I went to Theatre Clwyd tonight to see a kind of French/Spanish version of Lady Chatterley's Lover starring the wonderful Kristin Scott Thomas  as the posh totty and the very sexy Sergi López as the Spanish hired help.   Catherine Corsini's movie, entitled Leaving (Partir) not only tells the story of the florid love affair between bored housewife and sweaty builder but adds to the mix a husband's (
Yvan Attal ) obsession with getting his wife to return and chronicles the lengths he goes to, to financially cripple the new couple.( An interesting angle in revenge)
Scott Thomas, with her big bambi eyes is cracking in the role of Suzanne,  you can literally feel, her passion and pain for a man , she has suddenly realises that she is in love with and as an actress she is wonderfully magnetic and brave in her role (  and at 50 she gets her kit off better than Helen Mirren any day)
Lopez (remember him as the psychopathic soldier in Pans Labyrinth?) has the smaller and less satisfying role of Ivan, but has a winning smile and warmth that counteracts Thomas' glacial beauty, and I found him rather a dish ( not as much as my x factor muse Matt Cardle though!!)
7/10
Anyhow, earlier today I briefly videoed the new runners for Dan to witness their progress.
Below is the briefest of videos showing them free of their run for the first time.
Winnie and Jo, found them fascinating , and chased them half heartedly around the field ( but didn't hurt them)
If the weather is nice tomorrow I will let them out for a few hours

6 comments:

  1. The ducklings look so big already! A very cute little video! I enjoyed that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another spectacularly mad video. Thanks for that. Did you nip round the stage door for any autographs...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. unfortunatly it was a film tom so no I didnt meet mr Lopez!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Lopez might be sigh-worthy, but I need more video to be sure. Tee hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very dark and brooding - I can well see the attraction. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:49 am

    Out and in! I can't believe how fast they've grown up. They look so much more like adults now...less gawky and mindless. (And quieter! At least in the video.) I wonder why Winnie and Jo are so fascinated with them? Although I am, too, I guess. :-) Dia

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes