Bag Packing

Packing other people's shopping in an interesting experience
Some people find the offer somewhat surprising, almost as if it is a personal intrusion into a private pastime whilst others accept any offer of help with alacrity and immense grace.
I kind of enjoyed the whole experience!
One lady, slightly wide eyed, grabbed her own neatly folded bags and breathlessly informed me
"I will do my own packing! " and in way of an explanation stated "I'm sorry, I am dreadfully anal!" but for the most part the motley group of volunteers marshaled with care and skill by my sister had a clear playing field by hundreds of good natured and generous shoppers to collect a considerable amount of money the for Motor Neurone disease association

I will let my sister tell you the details! . http://supportingandrew.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

  1. Was surprised and pleased for Janet, that the fundraiser went so well! You were bag packing too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes sharon, I was packing with the best of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lady was probably worried about the conductor on the bus home asking, "Did you pack your bags yourself, Madam?", before letting her on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the fundraiser went well! I`d be thrilled to have someone offer to pack for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you guys! Bag-packing was my first job....15 years old and in grade 10. Learned to pack a bag (it was paper back then) very well thank you.
    I wouldn't trust you John packing my groceries!!! lol
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was my first job too. Actually, it was stacking shelves but if the tills backed up, we would dive in and pack.

    Never had any complaints. Being Leicestershire we would get:

    'Ooh! Ta, me duck, such a nice lad, ah could just tek him 'ome wi'me.

    To which we invariably replied:

    'Love to go home with you, Missus, got to be better than here. NEXT!'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad i went off well - congrats! How did the LOL react to your comment?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nobody touches my bags

    Nx

    ReplyDelete
  9. that woman was me in the grocery store......I HATE anyone packing my grocery bags. Even told the manager that although I would permit him to do it, if he did it wrong I would tell him off.....he actually did a good job and I did praise him!!

    Glad the fundraiser went so well.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes