Ending The Day

 I talked in my previous post about my morning routine
Tonight I realised that I have an equally important yet brief evening routine.
After nine pm, the cottage looks warm and cosy, what with the wood burner alight and us and the animals heaped all over the two sofas , yet with a click of my finger within seconds the dogs are all lined up by the back door waiting for their walk.
As we leave the cottage there is ALWAYS a faint THUD, THUD to be heard from the roof of the shed as Albert climbs out of the study window to join us, and every night he waits on the cottage wall for me to rub faces with him as I pass. It is a ritual that both he and I seem to enjoy immensely and has become such a habit now I think that both he and I would miss it greatly if it was to stop


There was no let up in the muggy rain this morning and into the afternoon, so I did go to Theatre Clwyd for a mooch around. I saw a film The Killer Inside Me which has had some brilliant reviews, but turned out for me to be an overblown ultra violent film noir thriller that has nothing new to say about sexual sadist serial killers but did feature a good central performance by the slight Casey Affleck
I did enjoy an exhibition by  Caroline Rudge much more that the movie! Her portrait , paintings  in the Theatre's Oriel Gallery are quite striking and well worth a viewing and has been the best exhibition at the theatre for quite some time.



This afternoon, my head full of women beating serial killers and paintings...I took advantage of a break in the weather to pick my surplus sweetcorn cobs......it's been a mixed bag of a day

8 comments:

  1. Nice thing going on there with Albert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tradition you have with Albert. All of mine just want to lick, yick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was just at my sister's and she now has a cat...Ollie. And now you talk about Albert. What more do I have to see and hear....I want another cat. It's been 5 years now since Rita (17 years old)died. I miss a cat! Nice routine John.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello John!
    What a wonderful way to end the day...with a little face rub with your cat and a walk with the dogs. Our Lizzy loves to 'head bunt' and touch noses. I think it's one of lifes simple pleasures. I hope your Thursday is a wonderful one.
    Maura :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Routines are wonderful with the critters in our lives. Yours and Alberts is so sweet. That corn looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a magical place your cottage....
    You paint a picture of contentment and bursting at the seams with coziness, and tending ways.
    I love your smallholding, small enough to manage, large enough to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
    Methinks you have a soft heart Mr. John. a nightly kiss from the cat indeed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cat wants kisses too, but at 14 years of age she has death breath...maybe I can find some kitty mints.

    ReplyDelete
  8. John, it sounds very cozy indeed. Sounds like a great day too :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes