A little Gem

Sometimes you can obtain pleasure from the strangest of things.....tonight was a case in point.... When on "fox watch" I listened to BBC 7's re playing of their production of Raymond Chandler's The High Window!
It was a cracking play full of those Chandler-esque quotes.......
This one was my favourites!
"From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away".
Isn't that cool?
If anyone has a chance read Eric's blog....

http://mountainrambler.blogspot.com/
It is as near Chandler as you will ever get!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Your Margo Channing quote is what caught my attention when I first found to your blog (love it!), and of course the content made me a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just how is the fox watch going? Do you just aim to scare him away or catch him for a pet? (Or shoot the liver out of him?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take a look and thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, John. High praise indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous ! I'm popping over now !

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it! Have you caught yourself a fox yet?

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes