Wire Coathangers!!!!!!

I can be queeny as the rest of them!
However, if I do have "words" with a friend...I usually pride myself in sorting an "issue" out in a civilised, adult and only s-l-i-g-h-t-l-y Mommie Dearest kind of way!
Today was a case in point.
I have not heard from Hazel for a few weeks! no reply to my texts.....emails went unanswered and all this was pretty unusual...so yesterday I called again asking if everything was ok.....now when I got an eventual answer it was an email that did not acknowledge any reason for her silence and so I had two choices.....I could have said "well that's just Hazel!" and forgot about it....or I could have done a Sally Field from Brothers and Sisters and make a statement!
Of course I made a statement and I told her that I was upset by her apparent silence
I have always generally been able to share my bad feelings with friends as well as the good. I feel there is no point letting things fester....., done, that..worn the T shirt.......and boy, it doesn't work at all well and always seems to come right back at ya.
No, I think when you are pissed off with someone, you should endeavor to let them know it
and so I had a few words...
....and of course it was gratefully received....
Apologies were made,
Group hugs were initiated,
and we are going out next week....
.....hummm yes....I AM just as queeny as everyone else....

15 comments:

  1. You are my kind of queen, one with a kickstand. ROFL

    Guess what, my persistance paid off.

    SNICKERING ALL the way to the bank, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have our "Mommie Dearest moments," I just had no idea there were T-Shirts that went with it--I must get one, or two... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a champion at the "hold it back and let it fester" game, I salute you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very glad to hear that things are on the up, John. Here's a verse in your honour:

    Our favourite blogger John Gray
    Always has something lively to say
    He blogs on it all -
    No news is too small -
    And his blogging helps brighten our day.

    (PS. My limericks are not usually this wholesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex your journalistic abilities astound me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, John. I never seem to strike a balance between holding back and resenting and flattening somebody. I never mean to, but it seems when I express opposition about something I am rougher than I am intending to be.

    Next time, I'm calling you to negotiate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have found that it is best to be straight forward with someone I am peeved with. No beating around the bush. Festering only makes things worse and then when it pops, things are said that shouldn't be.

    Ooooh, Mommie Dearest. lol hee hee Love that movie!


    So very glad to hear your dark cloud has moved on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leave the Joan Crawford stuff to the experts - you're far too nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's a long time since you flexed your crawford muscles isn't it bel?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's two mentions of "muscles being flexed" [sic] this week (today and Monday).

    Really, John. I think you need to get it out of your system, whatever it is.

    Perhaps the darkly sultry 'Bel' has some tips?

    :-o

    Nx

    ReplyDelete
  11. bel
    (and I am sure he wont mind me telling you all)
    has flexed his muscles on quite a few occassions!

    (but never with me I must add!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I can think of at least one person of late who won't be tangling with me again.

    On this occasion, though, it was perhaps more Bette than Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am better at sharing my feelings than I used to be. But I still despise confrontation. However, I tend to keep things to myself, then blow up when it becomes too much. I have also learned that I have to take care of myself, cause that's what most others are out to do. I had words with our land lord (He bought our place just so we could do a rent to own, but is making a more than fair profit from it). I said some ugly things, as did he. No apologies. Talk about wire hangers! The claws came out!
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Randy
    i HAVE FOUND TO MY EXPENSE..the negative side of arguing with someone who has ALL THE POWER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still gringe when I see a wire coathanger.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes