Goose Stepping Embarrassment


A huge cold blizzard hit around midday, effectively trapping me inside the cottage. Luckily I had already given the dogs a long walk and had just finished cleaning out the 13 animal houses but my main job for the day, namely the clearing out of my rubbish filled shed, had to wait.

When I was walking up the lane I noticed a set of large wellington boot foot prints, that were spaced far apart, and started to walk inside the prints, copying the stride!

Now, I am sure that all of us have done similar childish "games" when alone (haven't we???), but I think I got a little carried away, as I increased my speed (and my gait) and effectively "goose stepped" up the lane!

By the time I had marched 100 yards, I must have resembled a Nazi storm trouper, (I was listening to "Ride of the Valkyries" on Classic Fm which didn't help) and so engrossed I was in getting my foot work right, I hadn't noticed a car creeping up behind me with 2 women in it. Both were laughing at me, and waved gaily as they passed. I am such a tit sometimes!

Anyhow, as the blizzard started I raced out into the field and put Boris and Gloria back into their house with food and water. All the other animals with the exception of the ducks had already hidden away, but I did notice Halleh squatting in the snow by the gate. He had caught the sickly Susan, during one of his testosterone filled urges and had effectively raped her. The poor hen is almost on her last legs anyway, and just didn't have the reserve to get out of his way, and I was so annoyed with myself for not preempting all this before the inevitable happened.

I gently cradled Susan under my coat, then set her up in a warm pet carrier in the field shed. She ate a little of the mashed egg I had offered her, but looked dreadfully shocked.If Halleh doesn't realise that he is a duck very soon, he will have to go!.

5 comments:

  1. Due to the long periodr of frigid temps, we lost a chicken hen last night, Mike assumed she froze to death. I hope your weather clears up some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chickens run on very high blood pressures so it is common for them to suffer from cardiac events and strokes too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your village is lovely with the snow!! I would rather have the snow than the cold we're having!! Stay warm and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. Poor Susan. What a confused duck little Halleh is.

    You look like a sly little boy in that photo John!! Snow jumping is a fun game...even for the older boys. haha.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes