Faye Dunaway RIP

I woke up this morning, not to the promised "thaw" that we were all wishing for,, but to a new moderate fall of snow. The view from the cottage (above) remains white, icy and quite beautiful, but I am afraid the beauty of the snow has long since left me, literally quite cold .
I am tired of posting about the weather, but what can I do when it dominates the lives of out little band of characters at home?
Faye Dunaway died today.....Not the Faye Dunaway of course (though to be fair the real actress does resemble a corpse in most of her more recent films) I am referring to one of my old hybrids, a skinny old amber rock that I found quite flat and frozen in her hen house this morning. Halleh the sex starved duck may well have been responsible for her death (the flat nature of the corpse my indicate that he had given her a good seeing to) but I am hoping (and I really believe) that the cold, coupled with the fact she was well past her prime, was the real cause of death.

Old Stanley watching me clean out his coop this morning with my oldest hen, Beatrice

Nora keeping the cold at bay with some bananas donated from Joanne, one of my egg customers

3 comments:

  1. Raped and left for dead?! What an awful way to go for and elderly woman. How do you punish a duck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy,I have given him a good talking to and have banashed him to the duck house in future!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a moment you had me genuinely worried!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes