Caught with my pants (off)

After five hours of lugging wheelbarrows of stones from one side of the field to another, I was left tired and incredibly dirty.
I have been tipping the scree from behind the Church wall into the pig enclosure, by the gate to provide the girls with a mud free platform upon which they can be fed and checked over.
And although the work has been back breaking, it feels rather satisfying to have completed a large and necessary job.
When I got back to the cottage, I peeled off my filthy work pants, socks and underpants and put them into the washing machine, and dressed rather bizarrely in just my "Poseidon Adventure" T shirt, I made myself a cup of coffee!
Now why have I told you this small nugget of personal information, I hear you ask? well, it is only "interesting" as I hadn't noticed two Scottish Electricity workmen standing at the back door window waiting to tell me that they were about to work on our power supply cables!
I don't know who was more embarrassed, them or me!!.......as I dragged the dog blanket out of the basket to hide my modesty, I babbled that I was cleaning my dirty pants and that's why I was nearly naked......The two middle aged workmen were not impressed! (by anything!!!!!!!!!!!! erhmmmm!


The guinea fowl survived another night,even though I did catch Alf walking around the churchyard under the glare of the street light from the lane at 9.30 PM!!! I chased him up into the elms and he too made it safely to morning.
Above Alf with Hughie with the small shy Ivy hiding behind!
Ok enough of fowl...we are finally off to see Up in the Air later!

8 comments:

  1. Glad I wasn't taking a drink of coffee while reading your blog. That is hilarious! Sounds like those guys sure didn't have a sense of humor! Happy that everyone made it through the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you refer to trousers as pants purely for your American readers?Can we expect you to be walking down the sidewalks of Wales next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. The story and the nationalist radical who left the comment. Very clever writing, John.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always refered to pants AS pants!!!....
    you are an old cynic Bel!
    as for sidewalks...remember we are in Wales....we haven't got any!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. with that headline, I thought we'd get photo's other than ones of pig's and guinea's. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I did,....you would throw up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that how it always is? No one is around when you look respectable, and the minute you don't, someone is right there and sees you!!! THANKS for chuckle on a cold rainy day in Virginia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA!! Funny story. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes