When a job's worth doing

Sometimes a local hero needs a bit of a "big up" and today's blog was going to concentrate on such a person (before being slightly eclipsed by the environmental health lady!)
For the past couple of years local character Steve (not his real name....but we Non Welsh speakers call him that cos be have a little pronunciation issue with his real Welsh name!) has been transforming the new part of the Village Graveyard.Over the months it has been changed from an unloved and uncared for bog standard utility piece of land.into a manicured, almost military crisp cemetery with straight, wheelchair friendly paths and grass a bowling green owner would be proud of.
Singlehandedly and in all weathers, Steve has toiled without pay to develop the site, and only now after two years are the fruits of his long endeavours are being seen.
Completing a project for the sheer satisfaction of a "job well done"rather than for some financial gain seems a rarity nowadays. Tonight I have been weeding and watering, humping and carrying and true I have been sweating buckets over jobs but they have been MY jobs, my goal, my hens and my vegetables.
Steve has been completing a true act of altruism here, ok he must have his own agenda and goal for the work completed but all in all the whole village community will benefit from his long, long hours of unpaid work.
I wonder if the anonymous person that rang the council on me, would have something negative to say about Steve's efforts????
who knows......?

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, someone reported you for what?? I guess I better read some earlier blog to catch up. I hate not having my own Wi-Fi connection here...still can't justify it though. (I'm at the library using their computer.)
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes