Nearly 47

Gardening is the best cure for a hangover. Today I have planted beetroot,fennel,succession plantings of broad beans and sweetcorn and the day has been gloriously warm and sunny.
In the garden the Ceanothus I planted two years ago has flowered beautifully and for the first time it seems to be covered in butterflies and honey bees! I am praying for a warm dry summer this year, our last two miserable ones decimated the butterfly population.

I cannot believe I will be 47 on Monday! I am three years from reaching my HALF CENTURY!!! I am reminded of the Julia Fordham song "where does the time go?" and I realise that the older I get the quicker time seems to be passing by. It is a slightly depressing thought as I don't really feel middle aged-what ever that may feel like?

My aunt is comming to dinner this evening...Chris is cooking! bliss....

2 comments:

  1. I'll take the time now then John to wish you many happy more years!

    Now I have to check past posts to see what you have been up to on your mini farm! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo-Tee-Ful flowers! I'll try to get over here tomorrow too, but if not, Happy, Happy Birthday to you!!
    And many happy returns of the day too!x-c

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes