Chicks in the Lane

Well William chanced his arm this morning and managed to sneak into the shed where the chicks are housed, it was a feat of ingenuity as I had no idea of what was happening until the first of the chicks appeared in the lane!
Somehow William had broken into the crate and had scattered the chicks. Luckily their numbers had confused him a little and as he grabbed one of the whites the others made a break for it amongst the plantpots by the back door. As fate would have it, located behind the pots is a drain which leads through the wall into the lane and like ferrets up a drainpipe most of the chicks burst through it to safety.
Luckily the white chick which William has grabbed, put up a loud and spirited defence, and by sheer lung power kept William at bay until I could arrive and give the terrier a swift kick up the rear end.
It took ages to round up the chicks, apart from a slightly battered and very wet white, all of the others looked a little shocked but unhurt. I made sure the shed was locked and bolted all day.
William has sulked all day.

The alliums in the garden have all started to flower and look lovely. I didn't get around to complete the back garden weeding today but I hope to get stuck in tomorrow. I did plant out french climbing beans, have weeded the remainder of the allotment beds and have patched up the holes in the buff fencing. The sun has been fierce today.......I have actually worn a hat!
Off to Hazel's this evening for a gossip, glass of wine and a birthday bitch!

1 comment:

  1. I commiserate with William. COme on over to our blog and see what the folks took away from me the other day.
    WelshieHugs, Hootie

    Nice flowers. Mommy will eventually post a few on her blog. Not near as large a garden as you have. Hers is tiny, tiny. AireKisses, Baby Rocket Dog

    John, I'll be sending you out a package next week. I hope the address you had on your email is correct.If not, let me know. Have a wonderful Birthday! Don't drink too much vino! x-Cassie

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes