Is it me?

Now, when I am on two consecutive night shifts, I do not do any cooking, dog walking or housework. I will however sort the animals out on the field and have fed and watered them all this morning and again this afternoon.
So it is up to Chris to cook the main meal, and it is up to Chris to walk the dogs (albeit briefly down the lane).......and what an unholy palaver we all have to go through for the simplest of household chores to be completed.( he forgets that I usually complete 99% of the jobs)
We have the "tut,tut,tutting" syndrome when I use a glass and don't wash it up. We also have the Mrs Mop "take you wellingtons off before you come into the house...I have just cleaned the floor!!!!!" shriek, after I have been on the field!
Then I have to go through the hoops of stating how beautiful the Sunday meal is "I have slaved over a hot stove allllllllllllllllllllllllll afternoon!!" he says wiping a sweaty brow........and that is all before we have the long sighs at the amount of washing up he has to face afterwards.....
Sometimes I feel as though we live in the sixties!!!
bless........

3 comments:

  1. say Lord on the Manor there!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he. Isn't it just the same everywhere?? Patrick flies back to Phoenix tomorrow and after 2 weeks of being together constantly I'm ready for some alone time! Of course the pooches are here so I'm not really alone. I [occasionally] get accused of expecting someone to be a mind reader for things that seem so obvious, but I won't go into that!! It is Memorial Day here and we just watched a parade in our little Idaho town. Better finish this up and leave the visitors center soon. Pat's outside with the dogs wating for me. x

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes