Typhoid Mary,Typhoid Chicken

After coughing like typhoid Mary throughout the night, I finally managed to snatch 2 hours sleep under the eiderdown on the couch (with William acting as an organic hotwater bottle).
This morning I have made a doctor's appointment to chase up a possible answer to why I have suffered so many chest problems over the past 6 months and I have promised Nuala (who rang today) that I will request a chest xray! I won't think about any possible ramifications about all this....working on intensive care can be a little scary

I have felt rough as a bear's bum all day, but the nice weather has helped somewhat. I drove to Meliden to deliver some eggs to our former neighbours (who regaled me with a long, and very detailed and convoluted story about an attack of rectal. Bleeding!!).-yeap just what I needed today! I took the dogs for a walk on Craig Fawr ( which literally means big rock in Welsh) and the views over Prestatyn and Liverpool Bay (pics) were lovely

I put the ducklings out onto the field for the day, cleaned out several of the coops and then set up Susan (one of last year's hybrids) into the rabbit "hospital" hutch. Susan has been looking quiet for a day or so, and today has the hunched look of a very poorly hen. When hens look this unwell, there is very little you can do for them and invariably they die,but I will try to pull the young girl through!. I have already treated her for worms and parasites, so today I took the dogs up to the vets to collect some antibiotics for her (which the vet allows me to inject).
As I was driving up to Caerwys, I noticed an extra head popping up in the rear view mirror and I was amused to see Albert, his eyes wide as dinner plates, sat amongst the dogs.He was obviously anxious at being trapped in the car but soon settled down with his housemates that surrounded him
Off to have a long steam bath now..thanks to all that left me supportive messages including Nige (you tw*t) I loved the therapist comment.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes