Cocks return

One of the buyers of a bunch of hens, brought back two of her cockerels this morning, which was a bit of a shame. I couldn't argue , but I was a bit pissed off as now I have 9 males which is far too many for comfort!
so, I have now had to toy with the idea of euthanasia, which is a depressing thought, but a necessary one!....... for ages this afternoon I have weighed up the pros and cons of each bird in turn. Of course the old boys Clover and Poppy, Stanley and Rogo are safe, so I am left with the choice of the two buff cockerels, a multi coloured bantam (rear left) and the aggressive but cute wynandottes Roger and Pirrie! As it turned out I had to thank god for Helen (my friend that owns the animal feed shop) who sent one of her customers down to me this afternoon. After a bit of schmoozing, the customer was happy to take the two returned cockerels off my hands.......result!!
Susan the sick hen, is just about holding her own today. I have injected her with the remaining antibiotic, and have hand fed her some of Albert's cat food....the next 24 hours may well tell...
I am knackered, had another cough laden night on the couch

1 comment:

  1. Helen to the rescue (again?)Good, as I know it would be hard to kill any of your poultry.
    Susan might make it then? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes