The Curious case of Benjamin Bum-ache

It has been a week of cinema. Tonight we went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008). I wasn't too bothered about seeing it, after all I remembered that it was three hours long and starred Brad Pitt! But I must admit I rather liked this overlong tale of melancholic whimsy.
I bet that director David Fincher loved one of my favourite films Un long dimanche de fiançailles (A very Long Engagement), as Benjamin Button has all the visual magic and cinematic style of the French fantasy film. Indeed the cinematography is the best bit of the movie, and every shot is framed and planned within an inch of its life.
The film is literally an exploration of kismet and fate. The acting is all pretty average (despite the Oscar nominations), but I must admit I did like the all too brief appearance by Tilda Swinton as a sad English diplomat's wife!
All in all I gave it an 8/10

I have been a bit fed up today as the car has had a cracked windscreen, our electricity bill standing order has doubled and the Albert's vet bill is due to be paid!.......too many bills in Febuary I feel....especially as the car is due its MOT and the dogs are due their inoculations.
Chris has been a sweetie and has calmed me down nicely.

Chris' friend from his work has called down this afternoon and has taken three of the buff chicks to augment her hen house which was nice. Rogo and Stanley somehow both escaped their enclosures at the same time soon after and have been fighting terribly. I managed to separate them , but both were battered and bloody when they stalked back to their own houses.
....boys will be boys.......

1 comment:

  1. That would have been ironic in a bad way, to give away your extra roosters and then find the ones you kept had killed each other!
    The trouble with bills is we just get them paid off and more come, and more, and more, and......

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes