North and South

I caught a re run of this "lavish" American mini series last night on Sky. Originally made in the early 1980s this "epic family story" set against the American civil war was a prime example of how artificial looking and plastic these mini series actually were.They always reminded me of history romps which Barbara Cartland would have written!
Having said this, I really enjoyed my trip down memory lane last night, what with Lesley Anne-Down getting her arse whipped by Southern baddie David Carradine...and the strapping James Reed being all homoerotic with best friend Patrick Swayze!(who sported a very disguesting mullet as I remembered!)
Bill Conti's lovely music deserved a feature film!!! and what a cast????

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes