.........another trip to the vets

I watched a late re run of the mini series "North and South" last night (see previous blog) partly because it was a welcomed trip down memory lane but also because Albert had not come home after an afternoons play and I was sort of waiting up for him. He still had not turned up by 1am, so I went out for a quick scout around but he was no where to be seen, so I went to bed.
As Chris went to work early this morning, he told me that Albert had come home and lifted him onto the bed for his usual lie in with the dogs. I thought he was tired after a night's gallivanting, but in actual fact the poor little chap was nursing a broken femur!
It was lunchtime when I realised he had not come down for his dinner, and soon after checking on him, we were racing to Caerwys and the trusty vets! It took them an absolute age to xray him, but at least they finally ruled out any pelvic injuries. The vet thought he had been hit by a car.
So we have another poorly animal to worry about! (as well as the obligatory huge bill) the vet has pumped him full of painkillers tonight, and he will have a leg cast put on tomorrow and then hopefully be home.......I am resolved to lock the cat flap at night now ...well at least until he is a little more road savvy.
As sod's law would have it, I ran out of petrol on the way home, which delayed my return a good while. This gave William an ideal opportunity to clamber up onto the kitchen table, where he dropped a dozen eggs onto the floor! Most of the mess had been eaten by the time I walked in!

3 comments:

  1. Hello there! I looked at your profile and saw you had Welsh Terriers so I HAD to come and look. I have Airedales, well one Airedale now, but we've decided to get a Welsh soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to read about Albert's accident, "get well soon Albert", at least William has recovered and up to his naughty tricks.

    At this rate Mr Sergeant (the Vet) will be retiring early, I think you are his best customers.

    Love Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Welsh Terriers look adorable! Not sure they are terribly available here. We ADORE our Scotty. Tell me about your Scotties' personalities. Maizie is rambunctious and very friendly with everyone ... LOVES new people/pets. She loves to chase birds, flies, anything with wings.

    Marcy

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes