A strange crush, and an inability to get going........

Last night was a bloody awful shift: one transfer out, one death and three admissions.All with the minimum number of staff on. I was well over tired when I got home this morning. Chris needed a lift to town to get the train to Sheffield at lunchtime(he is going on a hen night there tonight), so I managed to grab an hour's sleep before dragging myself into some semblance of normality (and a dirty pair of combats) to get the chores done.
I will meet up with Chris tomorrow for Mick and Meggies' wedding (we are staying in a rather plush City centre hotel which will be a treat), then back on Sunday ready for night shift again.
I certainly don't mind the back-to-back activity of it all as Mick and Meggie remain two of my favourite co-workers from the Spinal Injury Unit, and I am greatly looking forward to see them both on their big day.Mick is one of those broad accented native Sheffield blokes with a big heart and a sensitive soul that was always a favourite primary nurse with patients and their relatives, whilst Meggie could lighten up the dullest of rooms with her big East African laugh and warm nature. I suspect their wedding will be a joyous affair!

Anyhow,. I am afraid the allotment tidying will have to take a rain check until Monday as before I drive over tomorrow I have to take William to the vets again ( a skin condition has flared again) and drop him and George off to Janet's who will babysit them tomorrow night. Carol is keeping an eye on the birds, Meg and Maddie.

So am just about to have an early night. Watched the BBC "comedy" game show this evening Would I lie to You? Generally it is all pretty dire, save for the comic Lee Mack, who I am afraid I have a bit of a crush on. I am not sure if it is his Blackburn Northern humour that I find attractive. or the fact that several years ago he was fired from pontins in Prestatyn for being drunk on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes