The Mist II

Hazel and I went to a late showing of The Mist yesterday evening. Now, Wales does not really do late showing of anything, so I was excited at the prospect of being a little city-ish as well as seeing the film as it should be seen on the big screen ( remember I watched it on a two inch screen on YOUTUBE a week or so back)
Watching The Mist a second time, I realised why it perhaps didn't do that well in the U.S. The shock of what hurricane Katrina did to the so-called civilized southern states, frightened America to the core.and the rapidity of how a city became almost prehistoric (as the polarised shoppers did in the isolated supermarket in the movie) is a truth just too real for a nation to accept and watch all over again. Watching Lord of the flies is one thing, but to watch small town America disintegrating into anarchy is very much another Like 9/11, a critical look at the more unpalatable side of human nature, may be all a bit too painful.............

Had a lovely surprise off Nia today, as two cases of lovely wine was delivered- a huge thank you for my meagre work helping out with her belongings' shipment. I hope she doesn't mind but I would like to use them to be enjoyed by the entire family at Ann and Tim's big party bash on the 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes