Baby Update

I received an e mail this morning from Cheryl in Canada (of all places) who asked how all the babies were doing.
Well...........The buff chicks are 7 weeks old now and are crackling little fellas. I suspect I have two cocks and 3 hens, so I may have to "cull" one male if I can't find a home for him. The little female (Violet) is tame and loves being stroked, especially just under her chin----I will be definately keeping her,
Boris and Grace have put on weight in the week they have been with me and even at 6 weeks are substantial and hefty little birds. They are too young to be let loose in the far enclosure as yet, so will be kept in the shed for another two weeks at least

The biggest change has been Broody Nolan's chicks who are now three weeks old. I think there are two cocks in this set of five but can't yet be too sure as yet All are looking somewhat scruffy as their feathers are still poking through the down.
They are being moved into the A frame this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes