Boris, Grace , a death wish dog and The Prestatyn Flower Show Preparation

I had not realised just how pretty and cute baby turkeys are until today.. At 8 am. I picked up my free Norfolk Bronze chicks from a very grateful patients relative,(who apologetically pointed out that the box they were housed in was a microwave oven box) and soon got them settled in the shed. Although only 5 weeks old, they stalk around with that undertaker type amble so characteristic of the adults, and look dreadfully serious even though they "peep peep" quite sweetly. Next to the buff chicks they are quite wonderful. I have christened them Boris and Grace.
Geoff and Christine have been very sweet, and have given me their newly constructed hen house to house the newcomers. It was a very welcomed gesture, and I know Geoff can knock up another bespoke coop in record time before his hens arrive.
I have struggled to get all my entries ready for the Flower Show tomorrow, but finally (it is now 10.45 pm) all have been either, dug up, cut down,cooked,baked and arranged within an inch of their lives. Janet and Ned were going to Tatton Park for the day, so dropped off the hyperactive Jess for me to babysit. Now after walking all the dogs up the Gop my dogs were all ready for a sit down and a snooze as usual, but Jess, excited at the prospect of having four mates on tap to play with, was having non of it. As I spent the morning cleaning and trimming my show vegetables, all five dogs raced around the cottage like lunatics, and only seconds after I heard the galloping "thump-thump" of them racing up into the bedroom, I was a little worried when there was nothing but silence.
When I reached the bedroom, I caught William, Meg ,Maddie and George all milling around vaguely, with Jess no where to be seen. The cottage bedroom window was wide open and there standing on the garden wall ( and gazing excitedly at the field's hens) was Jess, with her tongue as usual lolling happily out of the side of her mouth. The bloody fool in her excitement had actually fallen from the first story window ( and by the look of my flowers, had landed on my lily -of -the- valley) and rather surprisingly was totally unhurt.
Oh the stress of babysitting

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:44 am

    Flowers and Prestatyn go together like bread and butter! . I have just returned from Prestatyn myself after a family holiday on the haven caravan park Presthaven Sands. Luckily we had the best weather while we were there so took full advantage of the surroundings and everything that the North of Wales has to offer.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes