....And the winner is?

Well I finally won a trophy at the Flower Show ! My amateur " vegetables in a box" display bagged first, and my glorious cabbage and vegetable trug won third prizes each, so I was pretty happy. Janet won second for cut flowers and best kept garden, and Hazel ( well her mum actually) grabbed second in the jams.
We had blow outs with the granny's basket, and my cakes of course (Auntie Gladys and Geoff fared no better by the way which is a shame), but at least most of us all got something.

I love the build up to the flower show, probably more than the event itself. The joy,anticipation and satisfaction of completing each entry is only slightly surpassed by people watching on the day itself, as so many locals take the competition so very seriously, (But they would never admit it to ANYONE that this was in fact the case)

Anyhow after the show, Chris and I went to the little Italian at the top of town and had a lovely meal. The waitress that works there, is a delightfully over-the top but dreadfully polite student nurse (mental health) who states that everything is "fabulous, fabulous and FABULOUS" Her gauche sweet nature is incredibly cute and actually made our evening. It was a nice celebration to an enjoyable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes