Turnips

The laburnum in the Churchyard is equal to anything we saw at Bodnant Gardens and I couldn't resist photographing it, especially as the weather has been ideal for catching up with the allotment.(I have been outside from 8 am until 6pm)
I have planted the remainder of the sweetcorn which I had sprouting on every windowsill, and have filled the final few spaces available with turnips and everlasting spinach. Duncan escaped yesterday and ate a lot of my salad crops, so I have filled the damage spots with more seedlings.
I have strimmed the remainder of the allotment,cleaned all the coops out and weeded as much as I could so that the place looks presentable for Sorrel's visit on Tuesday. Tomorrow I can start with a touch of house cleaning and I was ecstatic to hear that my shed will be delivered on Tuesday morning. With a bit of luck I can have the ducklings all installed into it before Sorrel arrives........I have not forgotten she has a pathological fear of birds...hey ho.... not a good thing with 14 ducklings flinging shit in every direction on the kitchen table,,,,,,,,,




Good news for the day is the fact that my busty hens Elizabeth Spriggs (right) and Shelley Winters seem to be settling in rather quickly. To be expected I have seen some bullying by the some of the black hookers, but Duncan quickly stops most of the fights with a few choice pecks and kicks.
The first brood of ducklings (Ripley and the others) are now nearly 5 Weeks old and are over 12 inches high and feathers are starting to show amid the down.Next week I am going to return a somewhat stir crazy Blanche to the main hen run, and in a couple more weeks the 14 ebay and caramel ducklings will be joining them in the outdoor run.
Absolutely knackered this evening. just made a cuppa and am just about to settle down with TCM and Strangers on a Train....... Think I will have an early night, lots of cleaning to do tomorrow



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes