Bert and the first snow storm!

It's strange how history repeats itself. Called in to wish Uncle Bert a happy 80th Birthday with a card and flowers and found myself photographing him in exactly the same place and pose as my grandmother ( his mother) did some 30 years ago.I still have the poleroid of her somewhere in a box and the similarity between her and Bert is striking.

Bert and his wife Margaret are two of the oldest surviving members of the Gray family ( Judy being the other), and he is the middle son of three boys with my father being older and Tom being the baby.Strange to think that I remember my mother saying that she and Bert went to see King Kong together (THE ORIGINAL!!) in Prestatyn Scala.....so many years ago!

The weather has been bitterly cold today and some of the older hens like Robina have not even left the warmth of the coops. To keep my hands warm, there is nothing better than wrapping them around a newly laid egg-an organic hotwaterbottle! We have had snow, blusterly winds and rain, and the hills near Caerwys (5 miles away) and Denbigh (8 miles or so) are dusted with snow this evening, as is the field (see pic)

My bean closhes have been whisked away by the winds this morning. Pippa (The Doctor's wife) brought back one from the vicarage gardens, but the other two have dissapeared
With the weather so bad, I have spent a gay old day shopping,and rearranging the kitchen. The dogs have had their usual run on the beach with Janet's Ruby, but I think I will limit Meg's participation as Ruby bullies her terribly. Taking William to a dog training class on monday with Janet and an overactive Ruby which should be fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes