Thanks to Jeni Barnett


Thanks to new LBC presenter Jeni Barnett we now have a usable dining table.
I was listening to her the other day banging on about nothing too important, when her hysterical laughing caught my attention. Actually, I had to stop what I was doing (humping black bin bags of rubbish to be precise) to listen to her phone in about Londoners' embarrassing stories. The one about a stewardess mistaking Cofe Annan for Morgan Freeman sent her into lengthy cackles, and her obvious enjoyment of the subject matter warmed me to her. Anyhow I digress. This in turn made me listen to her later phone in about the importance of eating at a family table, and she was so passionate about it, I was inspired to clear our own table of clutter (which included seed potatos,coats,paperwork,allotment books a battery charger and various vegetable catalogues).
Before taking Chris to the station this morning, I caught him sitting at the table with a cup of tea, enjoying the feeling of fomality, a table gives you! I am at this moment enjoying the same sensation, but with a filter coffee and a bagel!


The photo on the right is the nearly completed Church wall, at the back of my field. The first of the fence posts are going in (you can just see it lying against the stone wall) and I can almost "taste" my boundary fence being finished . For those remotely bothered about such things, the churchyard is open to the back of my field, so when the odd chicken escapes (generally it is Stanley) they wander freely amongst the gravestones.
When the boundary goes in, another hundred square yards of "pasture" will be free for me to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes