Tell no One, simple pleasures and Glen Close R.I.P?


Tell no One (French title Ne le dis à personne (2006) at Theatre Clwyd this evening is a cracking French thriller Hitchcock would have been proud of producing. François Cluzet is Alex Beck ,a happily married doctor, whose life is shattered when his wife is brutally murdered. The police always thought that he was responsible and get re involved eight years later when amongst other strange happenings Beck receives a series of e mails supposedly from his wife. Sounds interesting and it was! with more twists and complications to keep the most avid thriller fan glued. François Cluzet was perfect as the grief ridden and confused hero, Kristin Scott Thomas great if a little underused as his lesbian sister-in-law and a sassy Nathalie Baye almost stole the show as Beck's expensive lawyer. It is a long time since I have seen a film that actually keeps you guessing until the final two minutes. A great 9/10
Chris wanted a scary pumpkin in the cottage window, so I had an enjoyable hour preparing one this afternoon. I realised that I had never ever made one as a child ( my parents were a typical 1970 mum and Dad who never encouraged fun activities!), so at 45, I am (as always)... a tad late

I always remember a line from The Towering Inferno, spoken by a fireman when he is loading the scenic elevator for its fateful decent. "We're still a lady short!" he states as Shiela Mathews clings to her husband! I thought of the line today when I was performing my usual daily head count in the chicken coop! Yep we were a lady short! Glen Close has disappeared. No patch of feathers, no break in the fencing, no panicked birds. She has just vanished! Fox? perhaps, Buzzard? who knows! suffice to say I am reinforcing the fencing and am going to buy another transformer to double the charge. I hope she is the last lady to cop it.

Postscript! (edited later) - Glen Close is back! god knows what happened =perhaps she was asleep under the coop, anyhow we are no longer a lady short.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes