Barter,Blanche,Beatrice and Rose

Went up to a smallholding at Flint mountain to see what he has to offer (I bought the black hookers from there a few months ago). It was sad to find out that the owner was selling up due to ill health. We chatted for a long time as most of his stock had already gone, but at least I have provisionally agreed to buy his incubator equipment when it is repaired, which is a bonus for me and him(I did refuse his offer to take his old Turkey which was absolutely huge!!!!).
As I was leaving he asked me if I would like to take his last three hybrids for nothing which was a nice gesture, especially as I had already helped myself to a nice old wooden coal scuttle he wanted to get rid of as well.
The new girls are a little moth eaten at the moment, but will blossom into good looking birds. As a tribute to Tenko, I have named them Blanche (Cockney Louise Jameson), Beatrice (Stephanie Cole the Doctor) and Rose ( Stephanie Beecham).

Flushed with "getting a good deal" I took an old wooden chest and some other oddments down to a local craft shop this afternoon and swapped the smaller oddments for some lovely cushions made from old Welsh blankets. The owner will sell the chest for me, which will pay for a few Christmas gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes