Hormonal George,Mice,a gypsy site,Farm traffic problems and Chris' first day


Up early this morning as I gave Chris a lift to the station for his first day at Bangor University. I did suggest he take several small mementos (pics of me, dogs and postcards etc) to decorate his office, but I think he is perfectly happy in working in a somewhat sterile environment! Took the dogs to the beach early and it was evident that George's testosterone levels are on the up and up, much to the disgust of Meg who he seems besotted with at the moment.
Got home at 10 am, and had the fairly nasty job of cleaning out the outhouse , which was the first important job of the day as I saw two mice somersaulting around the shelves with gay abandon when I went to collect the hen food earlier. Thinking I could flush out the dirty little buggers with a broom I stationed Maddie (pic) and George on the patio and went in with Joan under my arm as extra firepower! Hormonal George was a dead loss as he spent most of his time dealing with his erection but killer Maddie came up trumps and literally hurled herself into the outhouse and without giving the mouse time to squeak, munched it to death with great relish. I left the door open throughout the day and Joan got there in the end by stalking the other rodent for what seemed like hours and finally catching him at 6pm! Job well done !!!

The ducks are settling down nicely, but I was worried that they still do not know where to go at night. (The last two nights Chris and I had to physically catch each one and place them into the duck house) So in a fit of physical exertion I re arranged the hen houses into a sort of corral and connected each one with chicken wire and stakes! (so that I could gently herd the ducks into a smaller area which would then lead to their duckhouse (little ark in the left hand corner)........now the whole thing does not look too pretty, in fact it does look rather like a somewhat scruffy gypsy camp! or the set of I'm a celebrity, get me out of here! but it worked like a dream this evening, and in seconds they were tucked up safe and warm and chuntering happily to themselves.
Got the Belingo sideswiped by a bloody combine when I took the dogs up to the Gop for their evening walk. I actually saw it trying to negotiate the lane and by the time I got to the car it had gone! leaving a nice panel dent in the front driver's side. Living in the country does have its individual problems you know! it's not all sweet locals and village fetes!....hey ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes