55 days in Peking


I have always loved the film 55 days in Peking. Ava Gardener (filmed through gauze) has never looked lovelier and the action sequences were very boys own! Robert Helpmann(the child catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) as I recall played the chief baddie with poor Flora Robson as an unconvincing Empress! I am reading an account of the siege at the moment and the story is re told from the legation women's point of view, using their previously neglected writings and accounts The book is called Women at the siege- Peking 1900 by Susanna Hoe and is a cracking read.

Chris is working in Sheffield today and is staying over to go out with his old work mates, I don't feel too jealous as I am off there on Monday for a night out with Jonney H. I took Chris to the station early then took the dogs to the beach in an effort to run off William's excess energy.

Had my "interview" with Pat from weightwatchers, which was great fun. Pat spoke the corporate speak throughout and took the whole thing dreadfully seriously. I filled in a bizarre questionaire for HRs review and drank lots of cups of filter cofee when she gave me the spiel!! A couple of sessions will certainly pay for the car tax and services so I am happy to have a more formal interview with the regional manager (OOOOHHHH ER!) next week!

Work rang wanting me to do overtime, but seeing that I am working two long shifts at the weekend I blew them out, Friday we are off out to the While lion for a meal with Hazel and her husband which should be fun and off to Rogers Jones auction house with Janet to see the fine welsh painting previews! on Friday morning. Tomorrow I hope to clear the rest of the garden....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes