Shaping things up and Theatre Clwyd


These are the last of my second early potatoes, and I can tell you that there will be a score of disappointed housewives waiting for their orders to be filled! The sweetcorn you can see is doing very well, as is my spinach, so I may be able to appease them very soon with alternative veg! (oh er missus)


I have started work on veg plot number two, and Hazel's idea of seasonal organic veg boxes for sale, seems like a definite possibility for next year! and I am not joking! Today I planned chicken run number two, and spent a little time with the "girls" having my lunch. Robina looks a little listless and quiet and I am worried she is heading for the big hen house in the sky, as Sarah her sister had done earlier this year! I hope not she is the grand dame of the coop.


Went to the cinema this evening with Hazel to see something similar to the awful Love Actually. Fauteuils d'orchestre (2006) is a low burner of a film. Initially uneven with a rather bland heroine, it doesn't half grow on you. A blurb from the Internet describes the synopsis as follows :-

Four people, unconnected, meet in a cafe in Paris. Jessica, has just arrived in Paris and is longing to become someone, she takes a job as a waitress in a cafe next door to a theatre until she hits the big time. Catherine is a successful soap opera actress but longs for big screen fame, while Jean-François is a piano prodigy whose fame is more than he ever wished for and he craves to be left alone. Jacques has spent most of his time and money collecting art but has decided to sell it all. The four meet in the cafe where Jessica works and talk over their issues...

The art deco setting, happy ending and French twist, makes this comedy rather pleasing rather than hilarious, and at times the performances of Albert Dupontel as a disillusioned pianist, and singer Dani as the retiring concert hall's "dresser" are wonderfully moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes