Here's to giving up!

Today Chris is starting on the roller coaster ride of giving up the fags! He has managed to give up before and has done exceedingly well but this last lapse has been the most difficult for him to overcome.

As a non smoker I find it difficult it understand the cravings and mood swings of withdrawal, so I am steeling myself for long periods of biting lips and eggshell walking. Having said that I would gladly watch Miss Marple every night if he would give up, as I have always hated smoking with a desperate vengeance. My parents were chain smokers of the 1970 sort. They lived, breathed and worshiped cigarettes at a time that no-one understood the effects of tobacco smoke on the human body, let alone the effects it had on a family of passive smokers. My sister grew up with a chronic respiratory problems because of them, the walls always smelt of dirty pubs and looked magnolia when they were actually painted white and both parents died prematurely of smoking related conditions; no, I have never been a fan of the dreaded cigarette.

I know Chris will succeed in giving up because he is focused and successful in most things that he sets his mind to! That is one of his talents. Well here's hoping!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes