The Allotment grows

Ok, Ok I am a veg bore, but I am so excited that the mud of the allotment is turning into a sea of green new growth. Today we have had that irritating drizzle that soaks you to the skin in ten minutes, but I have stuck with it until 5pm! and have put in more broad beans,sweet peppers,runner beans ! I have also cleaned my large blue water butts and moved them to disguise some very odd graffiti splattered all over them (Jewish Cu*ts!!!)- who would write that sort of rubbish here?

I have recycled one old compost bin and blagged one off Janet's neighbour who was throwing it away (below)

The hens are starting to show their "personalities" now they have settled in. Mildred Pierce (pic) is beginning to be my favourite as she seems friendlier than the others. She has spent much of the morning watching my efforts on the plot with quiet interest from the warmth of the second hen house. The Nolans are the shyest of the girls, they spend much of their time sitting in the gloom of the coop, eating and by the look of the floor , shitting buckets!

Chris has been in London working today, wonder how stopping smoking has gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes