"Thank you Rhyl.and goodnight!"


I have never liked rock music, and certainly am not a fan of working men's clubs, so tonight's visit to Rhyl's Navy Club wasn't something I would have chosen to do on a Saturday night, but Andrew was performing in his first public "gig" for sometime, so we felt a bit of support was in order.
Ann, Tim, Janet, Chris and I all wore our "our brother is in the band" T shirts and joined Jayne in the council estate- wallpapered events room! There was four bands performing and all members were in their late forties and early fifties, indeed they all had a sort of William H. Macy/ lived in look about them all!

To be fair the music was professionally done (though not my cup of tea), and it was worth going just to watch a more distant family member bouncing around like The Wreck of the Hesperus after one or two small sherries!.
We escaped at 11.30pm, and I did notice a lot of cocaine use in the toilets which was sad but I guess in fitting with the rock n' roll lifestyle motif of the evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes